‘A healthy mind has an easy breath’
Mindfulness is the art of paying attention, without judgement, to what is happening for you in the moment. Our heads are often busy with thoughts related to past and future; when we practice mindfulness we create a space for mind and body to engage with the present moment, which nurtures greater awareness and enables us to feel more fully alive.
Numerous research studies have provided evidence to support the benefits of mindful meditation.
- Meditation reduces the key indicators of chronic stress
- Anxiety, depression and irritability all decrease with regular sessions of meditation.
- Memory improves and reaction times become faster.
- Mental & physical stamina increase
- Regular meditators enjoy better and more fulfilling relationships
- Meditation bolsters the immune system
- Meditation has been found to be effective in pain management
(ref: Williams & Penman, Mindfulness, a practical guide to finding peace in a frantic world, 2011)
|Journey into Mindfulness
Gentle Ways to Let Go of Stress and Live in the Moment
by Patrizia Collard
|Sane New World
by Ruby Wax
|Mindfulness: A Practical Guide to Finding eace in a Frantic World
by Mark Williams and Danny Penman.
See the website of the book.
|Quiet the Mind
An illustrated guide on how to meditate
by Matthew Johnstone
|Wherever you Go, There You Are
Mindfulness Meditation for Everyday Life
by Jon Kabat-Zinn